Best Pellet Smoker Reviews for how to choose Best Pellet Smoker? This is the question everyone thinks? Whether you like cooking in your backyard or hosting barbecue parties, owning a good pellet smoker is indispensable. Although finding a good pellet smoker could be challenging so in this article we grouped together Best pellet smoker reviews for the best pellet grills in the market to make the task a little bit easier.
Click to jump straight to each topic
Top 10 Best Pellet Smoker Comparison Table
|#1. Green Mountain Grills||4.6/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#2. Pit Boss Grills 440||3.4/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#3. Traeger Pellet Grills||4.4/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#4. REC TEC Wood Pellet||4.7/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#5. Traeger TFB29LZA Junior||4.3/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#6. Smoke Hollow PS2415||5/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#7. Camp Chef PG24S||4.2/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#8. REC TEC Grills™||4.5/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#9. Camp Chef SmokePro||4.3/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
|#10. Grilla Grills Silverbac||5/5||$||BUY NOW AMAZON|
10 Best Pellet Smoker Reviews By Our Experts
#1. Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Grill – WIFI enabled
Green Mountain’s Davy Crockett pellet grill is an elegantly designed smoker that utilizes the open flame technology and comes with three power options depending on usability. The legs and the handles are foldable for the convenience of movement and portability. It is equipped with the patented Green Mountain Grills technology Sense-Mate. Sense-Mate is a thermal sensor that regularly monitors the grill temperature and switches the grill off when it goes over the preset limit so you can avoid getting your meat overcooked or burned. The black and white smoker weighs 69 pounds, and it fits about 44 square inches of food.
- The Sense-Mate thermal sensor gives you freedom of movement while cooking. You are no longer bound to stand by the grill during parties.
- The open flame technology cooks food from all the directions. You will cease to find uncooked meat parts while eating.
- The small size and light weight make it an ideal option for travelers.
- The elegance and simplicity of the design.
- The application is so error-prone that is completely nonfunctional which renders the WiFi option of little to no use at all.
- It doesn’t come with a warranty. You have to buy an additional buyer protection plan yourself.
#2. Pit Boss Grills 440 Deluxe Wood Pellet Grill
The all black pellet grill manufactured by Pit Boss Grills is built not only for cooking but also serving what it cooks. It comes with a side shelf, a serving tray, a bottle opener, and a bottom shelf. It has a digital control pad and led read out to make the process of setting temperature easy and convenient. Pit Boss’ 400 Deluxe Pellet Grill comes in a well-toned frame with two black and copper finishes. The outer frame is made of 100% natural hardwood and a heavy duty steel construction. It weighs around 85 pounds, and it comes in two sizes, either 440 square inches or 820 square inches, which is relatively broad enough to serve a multitude of purposes. If you are scouting more Best Pellet smoker reviews, this is probably one not to avoid.
- The automatic start and cool down option are ideal if you do not want to stand in front of the grill for an extended period.
- It is capable of singlehandedly cooking enough food to serve a party of 50 people and more.
- The serving trays are brilliant even though they come at the expense of the size.
- The design is ancient which makes the pellet grill looks more like a collectible than a functioning cooker.
- The grill is heavy. It is not ideal for moving and traveling.
- Warranty is not included in the package.
- It can’t be controlled remotely.
#3. Traeger Pellet Grills BBQ155.01 19.5K BTU Pellet Grill
The Traeger BBQ155.91 19.5K BTU pellet grill is a classic outdoor roller smoker that has a 292 square inch surface and a vintage bronze lid finish. The Traeger smoker combines a classic design and state of the digital art control in the form of a full set digital control pad with a led read out and an automatic auto start. The pellet grill weighs 71 pounds which are about two pounds away from the lightest outdoor grill you could find. Its size relatively small compared to other grills around. It comes with a full automatic auger and a solid magnetic door. The frame is made of highly durable metal so you can take it along in the trunk of your car for long rides without any fear of dents or other kinds of damage.Experts find it Convenient and consider for Best Pellet Smoker reviews.
- A fabulous design that makes it almost perform as a piece of decoration and not only a cooking machine.
- Relatively lightweight which makes it easy to transport.
- A variety of cooking options available.
- The small size is not suitable for large parties.
- Not enough handles in case you want to carry it.
#4. REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill – Featuring Smart Grill Technology™
Best Pellet Smoker Reviews for The latest wooden pellet grill from the well-established grill manufacturer REC TEC is a revolutionary 702-inch smoker that provides nearly everything a cooking lover needs. The relatively large apparatus was meant to work outdoors, but it could function as an ordinary indoor cooker as well. It is equipped with REC TEC smart technology which gives you as a consumer control over nearly every aspect of the cooking process. The embedded smart technology can maintain the temperature in five-degree increments from 180 Fahrenheit to 500. It has a 40-pound capacity and a solid pair of stainless handles for carrying.
- The smart technology is convenient for users with advanced needs.
- The high-temperature-durable finish guarantees a longer life in good shape.
- The firm handles are very convenient for carrying.
- The price is more than $900 which could be unaffordable for some.
- It only comes in red and black.
#5. Traeger Grills Junior Elite Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
The outdoor appliances manufacturing giant Traeger takes yet another spot on the list with the classy TFB29LZA Junior Elite grill. The black and brown smoker comes in one size, 300 square inches, which its Traeger claims it can hold up to 12 burgers, four chickens, 18 hot dogs, and three ribs at the same time. The frontal part of the grill is equipped with a digital LED that notifies you with the temperature status. The TFB29LZA also comes with multi-position thermostat control that gives you a full opportunity to change heat and temperature in every way possible. It weighs around 60 pounds which are by far the best weight for an outdoor grill. The pellet smoker is small enough to fit in the back of a car for traveling purposes. This is possibly the best pellet smoker available in the market right now.
- Relatively huge capacity for a small size grill.
- Multi-position thermostat control.
- Affordable price.
- No front handle which it makes difficult to carry sometimes.
- Available only in black and brown.
#6. Smoke Hollow PS2415 Pellet Grill and Smoker, 440 sq. inches of Cooking Area
The PS2415 Pellet Smoker released by Smoke Hollow is a sleek all black smoker grill that is made of steel and weighs 120 pounds. The pellet grill was clearly not made to be portable but make no mistake; it excels as a food cooker. It cooks anything, from meat to vegetables. The large grill comes with a porcelain-coated cooking grid that gives you a wide 440” of space to cook. It has a LED thermostat and an internal temperature gauge installed that gives you total control over the temperature. The PS2415 is also one of the few pellet smokers to include an easy-drain grease system. For Finding smokers like this one why not to read Best pellet smoker reviews for other Best Smokers.
- User-friendly temperature control system.
- Easy cleanup.
- A large cooking space.
- Sturdy structure and outer frame.
- Reasonable price.
- The immense size makes it hard to move.
#7. Camp Chef PG24S Pellet Grill and Smoker Deluxe
Best Pellet Smoker Reviews for The first cooking gadget from Camp Chef to get included in our list has a reasonable 24” wide rack and an 18 pounds hopper capacity. It comes equipped with the patented Ash Can cleaning system that was developed by Camp Chef themselves and a full cooking and smoking range from 160 to well over 400 degrees. The design is more vintage than modern, and it comes in only one color. It weighs 131 pounds which make it almost immovable without the small wheels at the bottom of every leg. The outer frame is made from stainless steel which facilitates the cleaning process.
- Wide cooking range.
- Removable ash can and a good grease drain system.
- The heavy weight and the large size do not make it an ideal option for travelers.
- The absence of advanced controls is a drag.
#8. REC TEC Grills Mini Portable Pellet Grill
The RECE TEC mini portable pellet grill is the ultimate moving smoker. It weighs only 15 pounds, and the cooking space is as big as 341 square inches. It has got folding legs to facilitate storage and carrying. It also can reach a temperature as high as 600 degrees when the full mode feature is activated which makes it as good as any regular pellet grill. It comes in red and black and the design is quite similar to REC TEC regular pellet grill.Best Pellet Smoke price is less than $500 which is more than reasonable for such a portable pellet.
- Small size and portability.
- The temperature can get as high as 600 degrees.
- The absence of digital control features.
- The small size makes it nonsuitable for big cooking parties.
#9. Camp Chef SmokePro SE Pellet Grill, Black
Camp Chef’s second contribution to our list of Best Pellet Smoker Reviews it weighs around 103 pounds and takes up to 18 pounds of pellets. It comes with a 429” cooking space and a digital system that maintains the cooking temperature. It has also had a grease disposal system that comes with a built-in bucket for ease of clean up. It comes typically equipped with roller wheels to move it easily from one place to another, and it is made available by Camp Chef in black color only. The SmokePro SE is remarkably affordable. It is currently available for less than $400, slightly cheaper than Camp Chef’s PG24S.
- Large grilling space.
- Relatively low price.
- The heavy weight and large size limit its ability to become portable.
- No auto start or auto stop features.
#10. Grilla Grills Silverbac Wood Pellet Grill with Digital Controls
Grilla Grills’ Silverback Wood pellet grill is the heaviest out of the 10 Best pellet smoker reviews we listed. It is made of steel and it weighs around 170 pounds. Despite being sturdy and a generally good cooker, it is not built to be moved around frequently. It is supplied with the Set ‘n forget digital control system which is Grilla Grills version of the auto start and auto stop systems. It also has a drip pan that makes grease cleaning easy and a solid bottom enclosed storage. The pellets are fed at a controlled rate that you can set via the digital control panel. It is purchasable for less $700 which could be seen as reasonable when taking the quality of the smoker into account.
- Well-built and durable structure.
- Set in Forget digital control system.
- Easy cleanup.
- It is unmovable. It has to be carried, and it does not have enough handles.
Despite reading too many Best pellet smoker reviews and taking after the advice you read, the decision to whether buy one smoker or another will eventually boil down to your needs. If you are the traveling type and you like to host barbecue parties wherever you go, do not look for the Best Pellet Smoker Reviews but rather a portable option like REC TEC can be an ideal pellet smoker for you. If you are a regular fan of cooking outdoor in your own backyard, Smoke Hollow’s PS2415 pellet smoke should be the one grill worth your investment. Proper research and assessment of your needs is your gateway to purchasing an ideal smoker grill.