Those who like eating seafood sure know that oysters taste great and you can get them almost anywhere. What people often don’t know is that you can make a dozen very tasty meals with oysters as your centerpiece.
Some people are turned away by oysters because they think that food coming from the sea can’t taste and smell good. The recipes that you’ll find below are hand-picked as the best smoked oyster recipes, and they are ideal as party appetizers.
Read on to find your favorite recipe and share it with your friends and family.
1. Smoked Oysters Rockefeller
Believe it or not, a dehydrator is excellent for preparing oysters, but you’ll need a smoker for this recipe. Anything with the work Rockefeller in its name promises a rich flavor that feels very expensive, and that’s exactly the deal with this recipe. All you need to prepare this fantastic meal is a grill, some oysters and you’ll turn a dull party into a desired dinner party that will blow your friends away.
- 4strips bacon
- 3tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 3tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- For this recipe, you will need a gas grill that provides plenty of head directly. You will also need some aluminum foil that you have to roll in a way that it makes a pouch. Place wood chips inside it, make some holes in the foil and then shove it in the hottest fire in the grill. Make sure that there’s plenty of smoke coming out.
- When that’s done, carefully place the oysters in a grill pan and soak them in water. Once the grill gets hot enough and there’s smoke coming off the wood chips in the foil, place the pan over it. Leave it there for about 7 minutes before removing the foil, leaving the oysters to cook.
- When they are done, take them off the fire and let them cool off. If you don’t have a shucking tool, get a knife and pop them open. Take all of the top shells off and leave the oysters in the bottom shells.
- Cook some bacon until it’s nice and crispy. When that’s done, wait until they’re cool and mince them up. Then it’s time for the best part. Mix some chopped parsley with the bacon. Put the oysters back into the pan and pour the bacon and parsley mixture over them. Top it all off with some butter and parmesan cheese. Grill it again until toasted.
2. Smoked Oyster Spread
If you want to come up with some fantastic recipe and make your friends ask about it, the smoke oyster spread with crackers is a great snack. It looks great, tastes even better, but most importantly – it will make your friends go wow, which is always nice. The meal is easy to prepare so you won’t have problems making it and it’s one of the best smoked oyster recipes there is.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.75-ounce) can smoked oysters
- One teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
You can buy smoked oysters at a local store, but if you want to make this spread from the start, you will have to smoke your oysters first. This is an excellent recipe for those who are not still sure if they like oysters or not.
- So, the first step is to get 4 ounces of oysters and smoke them on your grill. Just put them on the fire and place aluminum foil filled with firewood below. The wood will produce smoke and smoke the oysters well (it takes about 30 minutes to smoke them correctly).
- When the oysters are done, just put them in a bowl together with soft cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce and some cayenne pepper. Mix everything together with some oil until you have an even mix. Then, smear the spread over some crackers and let them cool off in the fridge before serving. This spread is ideal as a holiday snack or for summer parties where you can serve it as an appetizer.
3. Southern Homemade Smoked Oysters
People that live in the southern US are known for their spicy and tasty cuisine, and this recipe is coming right from them. First off, you have to know that you have to smoke your oysters for this recipe, canned oysters won’t do the trick. This homemade recipe gives you the taste you could never get with canned oysters. Read on, try the recipe and you won’t be sorry.
- One pound of medium-sized oysters
- 3quarters of a cup of salt
- Cup and a half of brown sugar
- Half a cup of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- One cup of brandy
- Paper grinder
- Add hot sauce as desired
- Tablespoon dried chopped white onion (or onion powder)
- The first thing you have to do is to smoke the oysters well. You will need about 40 to 50 oysters for the recipe. Prepare all of the ingredients and pour them into a metallic container. Mix everything up and let it set to make sure that all of the tastes mix well. Get the oysters (meat only) and put them into the brine. Place everything in the refrigerator and let it cool down for about 30-40 hours.
- When the brining is done, take the oysters and wash them in cold water. Get everything off, and them place the oysters on a grill rack but make sure to oil it up first. When you place all of the oysters on the rack, put it on the grill and then it’s time to make some smoke.
- Turn the grill to 225 degrees F and smoke them for about two hours. You should do the smoking somewhere outside because the smoking process makes quite a smell. When the smoking is done, it’s time to finish the oysters off with some extra virgin oil. You should prepare a mix of red chili, lemon zest, and two cups of garlic the same time you make the brine. Pour this mixture over the smoked oysters and put them into the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours before you serve them.
- Your oysters are now ready, and you can enjoy them with your friends and family.
Using some of these recipes to make a great meal for your family! Bon appetite!