There are many things that go into getting food cooked properly, and it is always a welcome thing to get new tips on how we can prepare food even better. In this article, we are going to discuss easy tips on how to grill fish perfectly. There are many ways that we can grill fish, and this includes on charcoal stoves, wood stoves, gas cookers and many more. Follow the easy tips mentioned above, and you’re bound to have some mouthwatering fish that will leave people wondering where you got your culinary skills.
Keep the Skin on the Fish
Removing the skin from the fish is great when you’re baking the fish, but when it comes to grilling it, you need to prevent the meat from falling apart and one of the best ways to do this is by leaving the skin on the fish. There is also the fact that the skin can be quite crispy and delicious when grilled. Alternatively, you can remove the skin once the fish is cooked and just eat the fillets.
Use a Fish Basket
Using a fishing basket is best if you don’t want your fish to flake apart. This works best since instead of flipping the fish, you’ll flip the basket, keeping the fish in one piece.
Cook It in a Packet
Cooking the fish in a packet would mean that you would be steaming the fish, keeping the fish moist. You can put it in foil paper, at least two inches, and coat the center of the top layer with cooking spray. You can also add the other ingredients into the foil and then cook them over a medium grill or 4 to 6 inches from charcoal coals for approximately ten minutes. Shrimps and scallops would take half that time to cook.
Try Using a Plank
Grilling fish on a plank is easier than doing it directly on the grates, and if it is a wooden plank, it would be better to soak it in water for at least two hours before you use it. With a plank, there will be no flipping required because all that you have to do is to adjust the position of the plank over the heat.
Use a Skewer or Cook in a Basket
When cooking shrimps or scallops, it is best to cook them on a skewer or in a basket, because cooking them directly on the coals could risk losing them to the fire.
The Best Fishing Reel on the Market
Having talked about the tips on how to grill fish, we might as well check out how you can catch them. Reels are some of the best when it comes to catching fish, and that is why we are now going to review some reels as we look to determine the best fishing reel that you can get on the market today. This will make it easier for you when shopping for your next fishing expedition.
Best Spinning Reels
Pflueger President Spinning Reel
This quality reel comes with a spool that is anodized with aluminum. It comes in a unique hole design, reducing the weight of the reel. The spool’s lip comes coated in titanium to ensure that it lasts long, and the line roller is also titanium-coated. It has a stainless steel front drag system for a smooth fishing experience. To top it off, the reel comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Pflueger President Spinning Reel 4lb / 100yd
- Graphite Body and Rotor – Lightweight graphite reel construction
- Braid Ready Spool – Allows braid to be tied directly to spool Stainless Steel/Oil Felt Drag – Consistent drag pressure, and corrosion resistant
- Aluminum Handle – Aircraft grade aluminum, extreme durability
- 4 pound – 100 yards
- 4 pound – 110 yards
- 6 pounds – 145 yards
- 8 pounds – 185 yards
- 10 pounds – 230 yards
Penn Battle II Spinning Reel
The Penn Battle II Spinning Reel comes with power, casting range, and durability that is needed for big saltwater gamefish. It is made of full metal and comes with heavy-duty aluminum bail wire. It has a HT-100 Versa-Drag carbon fiber drag system that delivers powerful and smooth drags. The instant anti-reverse bearing prevents pullback during reeling.
- Durable, high-range spinning reel ideal for conquering big saltwater gamefish
- Full metal body, side plate, and rotor and heavy-duty aluminum bail wire offer exceptional durability
- HT-100 carbon fiber drag system provides powerful drag without sacrificing smoothness
- Fluid cranking with 5 sealed stainless steel ball bearings and instant anti-reverse bearing
- Superline spool requires no backing, is braid ready, and has line capacity rings marked at 1/3, 2/3, and full capacity
1000, 2000, 2500, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 8000
Best Baitcasting Reel
KastKing Stealth Baitcasting Reel
This baitcasting reel comes with carbon fiber and aerospace-grade aluminum micro mesh gears, making it weigh 6 ounces, one of the lightest reels for the ultimate fishing experience. It comes with a gear ratio of 7.0:1 and a 165-yard spool capacity with 12-pound test line. It features an anti-corrosive, shielded 11 ball bearing system, which when combined with the one-way clutch system and 7 magnet brake system, gives the ultimate fishing experience.
- Carbon fiber handle
- Braided line ready ceramic line guide insert
- Sure grip EVA knobs
- 7 magnet brake system
- 11 anti-corrosion shielded ball bearings
- Right and left hand models available
- 1-year warranty
Abu Garcia Black Max Low Profile Reel
This reel comes with cutting-edge features, a super strong machined aluminum spool with an ergonomic bent handle for comfort. It features a Power Drag system for a smooth drag no matter how stubborn the fish is. It also comes with a MagTrax brake system for efficient casting and accuracy.
- Sleek, lightweight, stylish design with 1-piece graphite frame and graphite side plates
- 4 stainless steel ball bearings and 1 roller bearing for reliable operation and effortless retrieve
- Power Disk system ensures smooth drag performance through the entire drag range
- MagTrax brake system delivers precise, customizable cast control and accommodates a variety of lures
- Compact bent handle and recessed reel foot provide a comfortable grip
Best Spincast Fishing Reel
Zebco Omega ZO3PRO Spincast Fishing Reel
This is a 7 bearing spincast reel that features a unique comfortable ergonomic design.
- First ever seven-bearing spincast reel; ergonomic design can be configured for left- or right-handed retrieve
- 3X positive pickup system, triple-cam multi-disk drag system, and aircraft-grade aluminum covers
- Ceramic line guide, all-metal gears, Auto Bait Alert, and oscillating spool
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty
If you’re looking to grill that fish, the first step would be to catch it. The reels mentioned above are some of the best that you can find in the market, and you might want to consider getting one of them for your next fishing expedition.