Click to jump straight to each topic
- Durable and strong
- Digital controls
- Meat probe for accurate internal temperature
- 2 nickel-plated racks
- Two years limited residential warranty
- It is a bit pricey
With the cookshack smokette smoker anyone can make a high-quality smoked barbeque in their own backyard. That is especially true when the unit comes with the excellent features. It includes 850 degrees spin-glass insulation and stainless steel construction that will keep this unit cool and safe on the outside.
The digital control panel will come in handy when you want to set the time and heat of the appliance and let it do its job. You will be able to monitor the cooking as well as the internal meat temperature thanks to the LED panel display. It also includes a meat probe that allows you to control the temperature of the food.
The temperature of the smoker ranges from 140 to 300 degrees F, and it has a 25 lb. capacity. The unit features four 3-inches locking casters, stainless steel wood box, 5 pounds of hickory wood, and two racks that are nickel – plated. These shelves are large enough to hold whole briskets or ribs. Some extra things that come with the unit are a manufacturer’s instructions and a cookbook with delicious recipes.
This appliance is very easy to use. You can smoke consistently vegetables, poultry, pork, brisket, ribs and more. Thanks to its lockable casters you will be able to move it around your backyard without any difficulties.
Read our article to find out more about this fantastic unit and make an informed decision before you purchase it.
Commercial Smoker for Home Use
The interesting thing about this unit is that it has a business quality, but it is made for home use. Although it looks like one of the commercial smokers, it is very small to be used for restaurants and caterings. This product is best for family and friends gatherings, and it will fit best in your backyard.
The unit has 20 to 25 pounds capacity which is ideal for a smaller family. You will be able to smoke different types of food thanks to the 750 – watt heating element. The heat of the appliance ranges from 140 to 300 degrees F which means it is great for both cold and hot smoking.
The unit’s two racks that are nickel – plated are large enough to hold whole briskets or full slabs of ribs. The best part is that you won’t have to worry about the temperature loss, because the interior is well-insulated. The smoke and the heat will stay inside the cooking chamber while smoking the food.
On the top of the smoker, you will see the control units that are red and very easy to use. You will be able to set the time and appliance’s temperature and let it do its job. This unit features a LED display that monitors the cooking heat as well as the internal meat heat.
The meat probe that is also included in the smoker will show you the accurate food’s temperature you are cooking. These features are great because the smoker doesn’t include a window so you won’t be able to see the meal, but you will be able to control it.
Cold Smoke Feature
The cold smoke feature will come in handy when you want to smoke different types of food such as cheese or fish. You can set the temperature at the 140 degrees F and cook any meal you prefer. When it is done, you don’t have to remove the meat immediately. You can leave it in the smoker, so it stays fresh.
This electric smoker is very heavy despite on its small size. That is why it features four lockable casters to help you move it around in the backyard. You won’t need to call your neighbors to help you move it. Because it is not a large product, you can fit this appliance anywhere you want.
The price of this product is high, but its quality is pretty good. Because of the durable and strong construction, it will last you for years without getting rusty. So, you will pay more for it, but it will worth every dollar. This electric smoker is perfect for you if you are looking for a commercial one for your home.
Easy to Clean
The drip pan that comes with the unit is removable, so it will be very easy for you to clean it. The best thing is that every removable piece of equipment is machine washable. Make sure to clean the product every time you use it so that it can last you longer.
- The Cookshack Smokette electric smoker is made from stainless steel and a spin – glass insulation which makes this product durable, and safe and cool on the outside.
- The temperature of the appliance ranges from 140 to 300 degrees F, giving you the opportunity to cold or hot smoke different kind of food. That includes cheese and fish.
- It has 20 to 25 pounds capacity which is perfect if you have a small family. The unit features two racks that are nickel – plated and large enough to hold a larger amount of food like whole briskets or a full slabs of ribs.
- Thanks to the control panel you will be able to set the time and temperature of the smoking process. It includes the meat probe so you can see the accurate internal temperature of the meat.
- It is a little pricey, but it is worth the money. You will get a durable product with great features.
The key feature of this product is its simplicity. Anyone can use it, whether you are a professional or a beginner. It is constructed of great quality and has excellent components. If you decide to buy this smoker, you won’t regret it.
Cookshack SM025 Smokette Elite Electric Smoker Oven Reviews 2
There is a commercial reputation to keep here at Cookshack with a quality product that works as well in the home as it does in the restaurant. But does this reputation go up in smoke?
This Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025 comes in a stainless steel cabinet design that seems to pack a lot of power inside. Is this the quality offering you are looking for in the home, one that comes with a brand and reputation that is instantly known in the industry?
You want to set it up and know that while you go away with your daily tasks that this smoker is reliably cooking to succulent perfection to a commercial standard and be waiting for your at home when you finish. You would know that you would not find better at the local smoker restaurant.
We look at this Cookshack electric smoker to see if it warrants its place in our finest selection of electric smokers.
Best Warranty Given by Manufacturer
Warranties are one of the best signs of a manufacturer’s confidence in their produce and we bring in Cookshacks warranty as the first notable feature. The Cookshack Smokette Elite Electric BBQ Smoker has a two year warranty.
Many people who mistrust non-branded products want to feel safe that they have made a purchase of a reliable asset. Just think how many uses you will have over those two years. Any problems with your smoker in those two years and Cookshack will sort it out.
Insulation that is cool
The second feature of this electric smoker is the special insulation that helps with safety and economy. If the insulation is a high standard then the heat inside will not get out, it will stay and cook the food. This insulation in the Cookshack electric smoker is made from 850°F Spin-Glass and it ensures that the outside of the smoker stays cool.
Of course if the heat isn’t escaping then that means the whole smoker becomes economical to use with most of the heat going to cooking the food.
Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025 Features and Specifications
- Smoker manufactured by Cookshack who have been making smokers for over 40 years
- Electric smoker so no need for gas or propane
- Requires 7 Amps, 120V and is safely ETL listed
- Heating element is a powerful 750W
- Temperature range from 140°F to a high 300°F (almost 150°C)
- Digital electronic controls are simple to use, enabling you to set both timing and temperature
- Digital display shows the temperature of the meat and the temperature inside the smoker
- Capacity of 20 to 25 lb
- Meat probe for measuring and monitoring the internal meat temperature
- Temperature controller for the meat probe for precise cooking
- Made in the USA
- Nicely comfortable 2 year residential warranty in case things go wrong
- Very well constructed top and interior in durable stainless steel, no rusting problems here
- Other parts use heavy duty steel covered with a black powder coat
- Insulation made from 850°F Spin-Glass ensuring that the outside of the smoker stays cool and safe
- Two large (18 by 14 inch each) nickel-plated shelves giving loads of cooking space, 504 square inches in total
- Smoker is 31.75 inches High, 20.5 inches wide and 19.5 inches deep
- Smoker box for large chuck wood blocks or wood chips has easy access
- Four casters on the base make it easy to move
As the Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025 was still quite new at the time of research (11/27/2011), there were only a few reviews to get feedback on but most were glowing ones.
Of course with almost everyone giving it a thumbs up, it is really hard to find any negative reaction to this superb smoker. If there is one thing that might be classed as a negative it would be that the foil drip pan was not stainless steel and able to be put in the dishwasher like the racks were. Only positive comments cover the rest of the product.
Pros and Cons of the product
This product is more expensive than most electric smokers. This might not be within the budget for a product like this, but it does come with the brand of quality and two years of warranty to back it up.
Everything else about this smoker beats the standard specification, temperature, cooking space and excellent insulation are all examples of the quality of this electric smoker.
The Cookshack Smokette Elite Electric BBQ Smoker is certainly a quality offering by Cookshack. This company has been in the business for a number of decades, of making not only smokers for the home, but also commercial smokers for well-known restaurants and businesses. If you are willing to pay the price for a well performing smoker from a well-known brand, that also has a number of very happy users then this smoker is definitely the one for you.