There is a commercial reputation to keep here at Cookshack with a quality product that works as well in the home as it does in the restaurant. But does this reputation go up in smoke?
This Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025 comes in a stainless steel cabinet design that seems to pack a lot of power inside. Is this the quality offering you are looking for in the home, one that comes with a brand and reputation that is instantly known in the industry?
You want to set it up and know that while you go away with your daily tasks that this smoker is reliably cooking to succulent perfection to a commercial standard and be waiting for your at home when you finish. You would know that you would not find better at the local smoker restaurant.
We look at this Cookshack electric smoker to see if it warrants its place in our finest selection of electric smokers.
Table of Contents
Best Warranty Given by Manufacturer
Warranties are one of the best signs of a manufacturer’s confidence in their produce and we bring in Cookshacks warranty as the first notable feature. The Cookshack Smokette Elite Electric BBQ Smoker has a two year warranty.
Many people who mistrust non-branded products want to feel safe that they have made a purchase of a reliable asset. Just think how many uses you will have over those two years. Any problems with your smoker in those two years and Cookshack will sort it out.
Insulation that is cool
The second feature of this electric smoker is the special insulation that helps with safety and economy. If the insulation is a high standard then the heat inside will not get out, it will stay and cook the food. This insulation in the Cookshack electric smoker is made from 850°F Spin-Glass and it ensures that the outside of the smoker stays cool.
Of course if the heat isn’t escaping then that means the whole smoker becomes economical to use with most of the heat going to cooking the food.
Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025 Features and Specifications
- Smoker manufactured by Cookshack who have been making smokers for over 40 years
- Electric smoker so no need for gas or propane
- Requires 7 Amps, 120V and is safely ETL listed
- Heating element is a powerful 750W
- Temperature range from 140°F to a high 300°F (almost 150°C)
- Digital electronic controls are simple to use, enabling you to set both timing and temperature
- Digital display shows the temperature of the meat and the temperature inside the smoker
- Capacity of 20 to 25 lb
- Meat probe for measuring and monitoring the internal meat temperature
- Temperature controller for the meat probe for precise cooking
- Made in the USA
- Nicely comfortable 2 year residential warranty in case things go wrong
- Very well constructed top and interior in durable stainless steel, no rusting problems here
- Other parts use heavy duty steel covered with a black powder coat
- Insulation made from 850°F Spin-Glass ensuring that the outside of the smoker stays cool and safe
- Two large (18 by 14 inch each) nickel-plated shelves giving loads of cooking space, 504 square inches in total
- Smoker is 31.75 inches High, 20.5 inches wide and 19.5 inches deep
- Smoker box for large chuck wood blocks or wood chips has easy access
- Four casters on the base make it easy to move
As the Cookshack Smokette Elite SM025 was still quite new at the time of research (11/27/2011), there were only a few reviews to get feedback on but most were glowing ones.
Of course with almost everyone giving it a thumbs up, it is really hard to find any negative reaction to this superb smoker. If there is one thing that might be classed as a negative it would be that the foil drip pan was not stainless steel and able to be put in the dishwasher like the racks were. Only positive comments cover the rest of the product.
Pros and Cons of the product
This product is more expensive than most electric smokers. This might not be within the budget for a product like this, but it does come with the brand of quality and two years of warranty to back it up.
Everything else about this smoker beats the standard specification, temperature, cooking space and excellent insulation are all examples of the quality of this electric smoker.
The Cookshack Smokette Elite Electric BBQ Smoker is certainly a quality offering by Cookshack. This company has been in the business for a number of decades, of making not only smokers for the home, but also commercial smokers for well-known restaurants and businesses. If you are willing to pay the price for a well performing smoker from a well-known brand, that also has a number of very happy users then this smoker is definitely the one for you.