Are you a big grilling fan? Then you probably know that the Weber Electric Grill is one of the most popular electric models on the market today, despite some stiff competition from other industry leaders. But before Weber was known for its electric grills, it first needed to create one of the seminal grills used in backyard grilling.
Weber’s History of Grilling
The first backyard grill was created at Weber Metal Works, headquartered in Chicago, in 1952. A worker by the name of George Stephen Sr. was busy manufacturing marine buoys when he came up with an idea for a better backyard grill. Backyard grills were still relatively new, and had become a clear in suburbs all over America in the late 1940’s and 1950’s. But windy days made grilling difficult, and flat grills often lost their flame.
His solution? He cut a buoy in half, made some modifications, added some legs and created a dome-shaped grill with a lid to protect food from the elements. On top of preventing grilling disasters, the lid also sealed in the smoky taste that we all still know and love today. While modifications, of course, were made, Weber quickly became one of the most popular grill brands of all time. Over the years, grills have changed, but the reputation of Weber and their commitment to making grills have kept them popular.
Weber may have first been known for their charcoal grills, but as technology has evolved, the brand has stayed at the forefront. They now make charcoal grills, gas grills, electric grills and even hybrid grills.
If you’re in the market for an electric grill, Weber makes several models that are contenders for the best electric grills on the market. We’ve broken down the best electric Weber grills down, so that you can make the best choice for the food you like to grill.
Weber grills are among the best grills that today has to offer, and are a solid choice for a serious grilled food lover. Learn more about the models offered below:
Best Weber Electric Grills in 2017
#1. Weber 52020001 Q1400 Electric Grill
View all images and check latest Price on Amazon !
- The Q Series of Electric grills use porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates so you have a durable, weather-safe product that’s built tough for high temperatures. This grill is ideal for apartments or condos. It fits within the regulations and also performs comparable to gas grills.
- Powerfully made, the 1560-watt electric heating element hosts a large 189 square-inch total cooking area that gives plenty of room for several courses of food. The handsome steel black casing, this grill is a great addition to any family.
- The G525 Cart is recommended as a stand if you need one on wheels. You can buy a stand separately. Both the Weber brand stand and generic stands will fit this grill. Check the dimensions of the grill itself before purchasing. You can serve 3-4 people on this grill with no problem.
One of the best aspects of this grill is its ability to accurately grill food that feels so natural – like it came off the barbecue and not from an electric grill.
[AMAZONPRODUCTS asin=”B00FGEIRU0″ listprice=”1″]
#2. Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
View all images and check latest Price on Amazon !
- The 2400 grill is also a great value, easily serving up to 4 servings of meat, fish, poultry etc. You’ll love the steel plates that don’t sacrifice quality, lending authenticity to every single meal.
- This next generation grill comes in a handsome steel and black casing. Like the 1400 grill, this grill is also a great choice for the apartment dweller or condo owner, and will work great with a stand on the balcony or on a picnic table.
- The 2400 grill has 280 square-inch total cooking area for grilling, and the 6-foot cord will help with that works very well for time on the patio. The grill can fit with the hardy Portable Cart for Grilling, which is available at Amazon as well. You can serve 4 people on this grill with no problem.
[AMAZONPRODUCTS asin=”B00FDOON8S” listprice=”1″]
Cooking with Electric Grills, The Basics
When you’re cooking with an electric grill, there are really a few things you need to know to get acquainted with it. For one thing, most of these types of grills are non-stick, however, electric grills come in two shapes; clamshell and normal grill top style. Clamshell grills aka contact grill are the kind of grills that close flat on top of the food you’re cooking. They grill top style electric grills are in the same shape and size of a basic charcoal grill.
Weber sells no clamshell grills. While the grill closes flat, you can’t ever put a sandwich in and expect it to come out like a Panini. Weber grills give space to your food to grill and smoke, not acting like a small grill but working more like a regular grill instead.
When you’re cooking with an electric grill outdoors, don’t assume it is weather proof. Do yourself a favor and buy a cover if you’re balcony grilling. There will be enough space to keep it away from the elements and you can wrap up the cord and tuck it. Always wipe your grill clean with soap and water once you are done cooking. Using a bit of oil when you cook can help you make clean-up easier.
When you’re using a Weber grill, you can be confident that it is portable and it won’t overhead with its ceramic shell. However, always unplug the grill and let it cool before putting it back into the car after a get-together. Portable grills are still slightly heavy, and if you have trouble lifting things, get some help.
Always read the owner’s manual and make sure you understand food-cooking temperatures. A Weber grill has specific controls to help you cook precisely, and you should hold onto this or copy it down for the ultimate in cooking.
Summing it Up
Grilling is a great pastime and there’s nothing easier than carrying it out on an electric grill! Enjoy, relax, and let your new grill do the work. That’s the joy of electric grilling!