Whether you live in an apartment and fire codes prohibit grilling on your balcony, or it’s winter, and you don’t want to stand in the snow to grill, but you do want some delicious BBQ, you need an indoor electric BBQ grill. But how can you choose the best one?
Choosing an indoor electric BBQ grill is fun and easy, but first, you should have answers to these questions:
- Does your grill need to vent? If so, do you have a fan indoors to help vent the smoke?
- How many people do you want to feed?
- Do you have countertop or table space for your new indoor electric BBQ grill?
- How easy to clean is your potential new grill?
If you live in an apartment, you can check out in-depth reviews of our favorite electric grills for apartments here. Here are our top favorites:
Click to jump straight to each topic
1. The Best Indoor Electric BBQ Grill for Most People
The Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill is the best choice for most people. It’s easy to use, is attractive enough to leave on your counter, and big enough to feed a family or guests. Please, it’s a breeze to clean and won’t be smoky.
2. The Best Electric BBQ Grill for Small Spaces
If space-saving is a priority for you, we recommend the George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill. Not only does it have a small footprint (and tuck away neatly onto a shelf when you’re done), but you can also use it to press sandwiches or griddle up pancakes thanks to the removable plates.
3. The Indoor Electric BBQ Grill You Can Take Outdoors
If you don’t like the idea of having an indoor grill and an outdoor grill, behold the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill! Since it comes on a stand, you won’t have to worry about it hogging up valuable counter space, and when the weather improves, you’ll be able to move it outdoors for a more authentic grilling experience.
This grill can serve up food for a crowd, too, which is a big improvement over most indoor grills.