If you’re thinking about buying the Best Gas Grills for $400 or Less, then you should not buy just about any grill you will find and for reasons. Remember, you’re buying this equipment to make rich grilled food, including seafood, meat, and chicken and to get the most out of your spending. So when shopping around, you should be able to consider some factors to buy that grilling equipment that will provide you with the best experience or else you might have to deal with cooking disasters, including catching your food or your backyard on fire. Without even saying, finding a grill, just like when buying a pellet smoker to complement your summer is an important purchase to make, and below is your guide to start.
Click to jump straight to each topic
5 BEST GRILLS UNDER 300 DOLLARS
#Our Top Choice for Price: Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill
Read more: Why Not Go Camping with the Coleman BBQ Set
Just like when buying any other indoor or outdoor cooking equipment, you need to allot your budget for the investment. For that matter, I have picked three products on the market, each with a different price range so that you can still pick the best grilling equipment under 300, no matter how much budget you have for the purchase.
- Blackstone 1554: When it comes to finding a grill less than 300, this is one of the best choices even if it is not the most affordable in the group that we have featured today. While it is the priciest option on this list, you will love it for its cool functions and top performance.
- Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner: The classic burner is the more affordable choice than the Blackstone 1554 yet it cannot be discounted for its features and excellent grilling power that we will discuss in a bit. If you’re looking for a middle range priced grill, then you may want to pick the one that will also give you the best time in the kitchen for its wide cooking space that we will also talk about a little bit later.
- Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill: This is the most affordable grill in the group of our featured products for the day. While it isn’t as pricey as the Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner and the Blackstone 1554, you can also depend on it for its powerful cooking functions. And for its low price, it also comes with interchangeable griddle, grill and stove grates that let you prepare a wide range of dishes, including vegetables and burgers that you can conveniently serve in a pan later.
#Our Top Choice for Size: Blackstone 1554
You should look for a grill that has enough cooking space. For example, if you’re cooking for many people, you should not find a smaller grill that cannot accommodate the large amount of meat or food that you’re planning to grill. For that matter, I have looked into the cooking space and size of each of the products we have featured in this review. And to help you further, I recommend that you determine the number of guests or people you will need to cook for, as you don’t want to waste time using a too small grill when you need to cook large batches of roasts.
- Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill: The product has overall dimensions of 13.6 x 34 x 19.1 inches and it has 285 sq inches of cooking surface. It is convenient to use grilling equipment for the ample space ideal when preparing large cuts of meat, let’s say. Also, it is not as bulky as traditional models for its 0.31 pounds weight. And with such a size and weight, this product also lets you sizzle fajitas and cook pancakes outdoors as well.
- Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner: I am impressed with its ample cooking space of 660 square inches. You can simply imagine how much bigger this is versus the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill. Additionally, it has 480 sq. in. cooking surface with measurements of 27.7″ L x 17.3″ W that provides you with more cooking options, no matter how large the batch you’re trying to cook. We should not forget that it also comes with an 180-sq in. of porcelain coated warming rack with overall dimensions of 25.6″ L x 7″ W. So if you need a bigger grilling appliance under 300, you may want to opt for this product.
- Blackstone 1554: The product is the largest among the group versus the Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner and the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill. Did you know that it is also expansive 36″ x 20″? With that said, you can imagine how convenient that is to use this product if you’re up to preparing for a big group. Plus, it has 720 sq in. of cooking space, which is spacious for griddling, not mentioning it also comes with workspaces and a bottom shelf that you might need for food preparation. In that case, you can simply use these spaces when you’re away from your kitchen and when you’re outdoors like camping or in other outdoor activities.
PERFORMANCE AND TEMPERATURE SETTINGS
#Our Top Choice for Performance and Temperature Settings: Blackstone 1554
This aspect has to do with the overall functions of your grill and of course based on its burners and temperature settings, let’s say. So when shopping around, we should be able to compare our options well and look into each product to find out how they work, just like when finding an oven – so that we can also determine which one can provide us with the best cooking experience. Let’s start comparing our top products according to their performance below.
- Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill: The grill under 300 is another great option when looking into performance. It has an adjustable thermostat that can provide with up to 22,000 BTUs cooking power. It lets you cook meat and vegetables on each side to avoid compromising the taste of food. And aside from its large cooking space of 285 inches, it also lets you cook faster with its InstaStart ignition that works by starting up the grill fast. It also means that you won’t need matches to start with, and it grill surface is made of stainless steel coated with porcelains makes this product easy to clean, durable and rugged. And before we forgot, the grill also comes with durable legs and foldable wheels for easy transport and packing.
- Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner: This 40,000-BTU product is a great-performing one and better than the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill for its electronic igniter, meaning no matches required and it has wheels for easier mobility. With just a single push of the button, you can light your grill fast. And when it comes to temperature settings, the product comes with 10,000- BTU Lidded Side Burner, meaning it can also be ideal for use in making side dishes and warming sauces that you may want to serve together with the grilled food. And if you’re not using it, you can simply flip its lid down to protect its burner and have an extra workspace. The product also comes with an LID-mounted temperature gauge, which lets you check on the pre-heat status as well as the inside temperature.
- Blackstone 1554: The product is one of the best options around versus the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill and the Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner when it comes to performance. And just as when we’re buying an oven, we should also be looking for temperature controls and limits. This product is designed and made with four separately controlled 15,000 BTU burners that can also guarantee long life because they are made of stainless steel, totaling to 60,000 BTUs, which give you the option to set your grill from low to high depending on your needs. The product also comes with a removable griddle top, which is held by a steel frame, along with four caster wheels, two of them lockable. And when it comes to its steel frame, it is powder coated, meaning it is resistant to wear and tear and it can last longer. The product also comes with cold rolled, thick steel griddle cooking surface for added durability.
#Our Top Choice for Materials: Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner
You should also be checking on the materials that are durable to get the most out of your investment. Check out the following as we look into this aspect in our three featured products.
- Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill: The grill comes with steel hooks for easy organizing of your cooking tools, and it has side tables for extra workspace while cooking. And because it is made with stainless steel, along with porcelain finishing on its surface, the product is durable and easy to clean.
- Blackstone 1554: This is one of the most durable around and better than the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill for its steel and thick griddle-cooking surface, which is cold rolled. It also offers easy assembly while it is expansive. It is also made with four pieces of stainless steel burners letting you set four cooking zones each side. It is also designed with a built-in grease channel for catching and drawing grease away from food. The grill is also made with four caster wheels for easy transport.
- Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner: The 665-sq in. grill comes with porcelain finished grates that make them easy to clean and rust-resistant, making it the best choice than the Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill and Blackstone 1554. It also has stainless steel burners, which are built to last, while providing up to 40,000-BTU of power.
There you have our top choices and features to look for when finding the best grills under 300 dollars for your needs. Again, look into its price, materials, temperature settings and performance and size to decide better. But upon careful consideration, I find the Blackstone 1554 as the best choice of all because of its cooking power and ample cooking space. Nevertheless, all the top featured products here are top raters and reliable for long-term use due to their solid construction and technology.