Electric smoker become popular for years now because it is convenient to cook something like meats and vegetables, fish, etc. Using the smoke from a controlled source of heat. This can the foods an entirely unique flavor which many people find it’s terribly awesome.
Do you ever desire to get an electric smoker? If yes, then it’s time for you to choose which one would you like to have. There are several different companies out there makes you believe that their product/brand is the best, but how would you know which is the best one? Well, you’ll figure out of the product can be recommended or not based on its quality level and customers feedbacks. Now, let’s take a look.
Click to jump straight to each topic
- Top 10 Best Electric Smokers Reviews 2017
- 1. Masterbuilt 20078715 Electric Digital Smoker Front Controller
- 2. Char-Broil Vertical Electric Smoker review
- 3. Bradley Smokers Original Smoker
- 4. Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker
- 5. Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
- 6. Masterbuilt 20077615 Electric Smoker
- 7. Masterbuilt 20075315 Front Controller Smoker
- 8. Old Smokey Electric Smoker
- 9. Smoke Hollow 30162E
- 10. Masterbuilt 20076716 4-Rack Electric Smoker
- 11. Jim beam BTDS76JB Bradley Smoker
- 12. Bradley Smoker 4-Rack Digital Outdoor Smoker
- 13. Masterbuilt 20070203 Electric Smoker review
- 14. Southern Country Smokers 2 in 1 Electric Water Smoker
Top 10 Best Electric Smokers Reviews 2017
1. Masterbuilt 20078715 Electric Digital Smoker Front Controller
Easy to use
- If you are new to smoking, you can jum right in to it with this model.
- The Masterbuilt 20078715 Electric Digital Smoker allows you to set the internal temperature to the exact degree, and the smoker will do the work of maintaining it.
- This model is about the size of a mini refrigerator. 721 sq. inch of cooking space with four chrome-coated racks.
- You can still make a good amount of food with this item.
Wood Chip Loader
- This brand of Smoker has a wood chip loader.
- You can add more wood chips in the smoker without opening the door.
- Leaving the door closed keeps the temperature stable and uses less power.
- Customers who have purchased this product are raving about how well it’s insulated.
- No heat leaks out while using it.
- Can control the thermostat temperature from 100-275oF and can be maintained even during cold weather.
- Maximum temperature of 275o
- It does not have a viewing window so you won’t be able to watch the food inside of it.
- Based on some customers, it takes a while to cook when trying to put a large quantity of meat.
- For a big a mount of food, it will turn out unevenly cooked.
- 90 days warranty only.
- Additional fee for warranty extension.
2. Char-Broil Vertical Electric Smoker review
- Less expensive model.
- This smoker is about 10” larger than the Masterbuilt 20078715 and Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker.
- It allows you to cook large amount of food at once. It is highly recommended to use for parties, occasions, etc.
- It is easy to assemble this item.
- It won’t take long to set up this smoker.
Inconsistent amount of smoke
- The heading element in this smoker does not keep chips hot enough to produce smoke constantly.
- It will take some work on your part to keep the internal temperature hot enough to generate smoke from the chips.
- It is difficult to set up the program.
- This smoker requires more attention ad work to acquire the desired temperature.
- You must set the smoker to a higher degree than what you need, then turn it down until you reach the right temperature.
- This can be use up longer than the other electric smokers.
- Several customers have issue with this product because the door itself does not fasten perfectly so there’s some smokes leaking out.
3. Bradley Smokers Original Smoker
- This electric smoker is flexible to use of either hot-smoking or cold-smoking with no separate attachment required.
- Customers who purchased this smoker were raving about the delicious smoky flavor that saturates whatever food you cook inside of it.
- It is comparable to that of a traditional charcoal smoker.
- It is automatic wood chips feeder to the internal chamber.
- It is automated to give itself the required amount of fuel to maintain whatever temperature you have specified.
- This Smoker comes with a recipe book with all kinds of the ideas for your new smoker.
- Customers have given positive feedback about the recipes they tried from the recipe book.
- It only has a maximum temperature of 250 o
- It will take a little longer while cooking.
- The interior walls of this unit are made of stainless steel, but the actual racks are made of chrome.
- The racks are easy to be rusted.
- This smoker has a lower wattage than other models.
- This could also be a problem in cold environments as the heating element may not be powerful enough to maintain its heat.
4. Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker
- It is cheaper than other electric smoker.
- One of the most affordable smokers on this list.
- This smoker comes with a two-year warranty.
- It has a strong defect protection.
Simple and easy to use
- This is a very basic beginner’s smoker.
- It has a standard option.
- This is the best option for casual or first-time smokers.
- It will last from 15-20 years with proper care.
- This electric smoker is highly recommended by many buyers because of the long lifespan of it.
- It has only one temperature setting of 165o
- No setting for turning up and down the temperature.
- Based on customer’s feedback, you may end up cooking your foods with oven.
- This model is the smaller than other smokers on the list.
- Not recommended to use for family, parties, occasions, etc. because of its small size.
- The temperature can struggle in a cold weather because of the low power of this product.
- This unit is designed to add a smoky flavor to food but it usually takes longer for cooking so you might end up to finish it with oven.
5. Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
- This kind of Best Electric Smoker has a window on its front panel so you can view your food while it’s cooking.
- This smoker is designed with wheels and handle.
- It is much easier to move / relocate because you do not have to wait for it to cool down.
- It has a removable temperature gauge in different areas of the smoker and it would also be easy to replace if you needed to.
- This smoker comes with a remote control that allows you to change some settings without actually being right next to the unit.
- This electric smoker is very convenient to use with remote control.
- It only has a maximum temperature of 250 o
- It doesn’t really give smoky taste the food.
- Some customers are having problem with the heating element of this unit.
- It is hard to clean.
- It takes a lot of effort to get the smoke residue off the internal chamber.
- The smell stays for a little while after using this electric smoker.
6. Masterbuilt 20077615 Electric Smoker
Built-in meat probe thermometer
- This Masterbuilt has a built-in meat probe thermometer which is very convenient for monitoring your food.
- This digital electric smoker reportedly has some of the best smoky flavors that you can get without using a traditional charcoal smoker.
Easy to use
- This particular model is very simple, so even new buyers of smokers can use it with ease. Most aspects of it are self-explanatory.
- There is a window in the front panel of the smoker so you can watch your food while it is cooking.
- This is another way you can monitor your meats, along with the built-in meat-probe thermometer, without opening the smoker’s door.
- This is one of the most expensive smokers on this list be prepared to spend a good amount of money on it.
- There are several reports of the remote for this unit working poorly. Customers say that the battery loses contact with the conductors easily, and the remote past to be modified for it to work.
- This Masterbuilt smoker requires you to continuously add wood chips to it, so it’s not quite something where you can set it and forget it.
- You will need to monitor the cooking process.
- Even though this model is relatively easy to use, it is still recommended that you research smoking before you use it for the first time, as the directions included do not give you all the background information you need to know.
7. Masterbuilt 20075315 Front Controller Smoker
- At 40 inches, this is one of the largest models on our list.
- This is convenient for times when you want to cook multiple meals at once or cook for multiple people at one time.
- Most parts in the smoker are removable and fit in your dishwasher. People have praised Masterbuilt for how easy this smoker is to clean because of that.
- A smoke ring is achievable using the Masterbuilt 20075315 model, which, in many cases, cannot happen in electric smokers.
- There is no extended warranty available, even by purchase. This could be concerning to some consumers who are very hard on their products.
- This smoker does have a window, but there is no light inside the chamber. Once the smoke gets going, you won’t be able to see your food.
- The smoker only heats to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While that is a bit higher than other models in this list, you may still find yourself having to finish certain foods in your oven.
8. Old Smokey Electric Smoker
- At 300 degrees this unit has the capability to cook poultry and fish thoroughly. You can achieve crispy skin on chicken and turkey in the smoker.
- This is a very basic model with no unnecessary bells or whistles. Because it is so basic, it is incredibly simple to use.
- Customers love how long this model lasts. It has the potential for several years of working perfectly.
- This smoker is ideal for a quick smoked meal. It can smoke several different types of meat in only a few hours.
- With only two racks, gauging the internal temperature of your meat is somewhat difficult.
- Since you cannot open up the sides of this model at all, you may have to remove the top rack to check something on the bottom, which is not suitable for maintaining temperature.
- The outside of the smoker gets extremely hot, so you will need to be careful that children are not around this unit while it’s on, and no one.
- Severe burns are possible, so use caution.
- Some screws are inside the main chamber which are used to hang the racks.
- When you do anything with the racks, or even clean the inside, many people have complained of getting scratched by the screws.
- The screws may also get in the way during cooking.
- The wood chips burn at the bottom of the unit underneath the two racks.
- The smoker does not have an automatic chip feeder, so when you manually add chips to the unit you will have to remove both racks to get to the chip chamber.
- This model is not ideal for a slow smoke because of that.
9. Smoke Hollow 30162E
- From the time you get the Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker out of its box to the time when it’s ready to be used is only 15 to 20 minutes, making it one of the easiest models on this list to assemble.
- The Smoke Hollow is very easy to use, making it ideal for someone who is just beginning to learn how to smoke.
- Customers have reported that this unit delivers a great smoky flavor.
- There is no digital temperature control on this smoker so to change the amount of heat, you will have to read the temperature gauge and then manually adjust the power knob.
No automatic wood feeder
- To add chips while cooking, you will have to open the door to the smoker, which will cause some heat loss every time.
- Customers have complained that this door leaks smoke.
- This will cause you to have a less smoky flavor overall and may also result in longer cooking times if heat is being lost through the door.
Small drip pan
- Another complaint was the size of the Smoke Hollow drip pan.
- Several people have had to fashion their own larger drip pans to catch the grease that leaks out of this smoker.
10. Masterbuilt 20076716 4-Rack Electric Smoker
- This unit includes 10-inch leg stands which many people have found to be quite helpful. It also comes with heat-resistant gloves and cover.
- The Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker with Leg Kit Cover and Gloves also comes with a temperature remote that gives you control from the inside of your house.
- This smoker maintains its internal temp well with minimal effort on your part.
- This model is available in several different colors, so if you’re looking for a bright accent to your outdoor space, this could be for you.
- It seems a lot of these models are damaged in the shipping phase. This could indicate a less-resilient material, so be prepared for potentially having to deal with returns or exchanges.
- The instructions included in the package are a bit lacking.
- New smokers will have to do their own research before attempting their first smoke.
This smoker does have a window, but it will become opaque after the smoke fills up the unit so it’s somewhat of a pointless addition.
11. Jim beam BTDS76JB Bradley Smoker
Automatic chip feeder
- This unit gives itself some chips that it needs to fuel the heat and smoke. You will not have to worry about opening the door to maintain the chips.
- This smoker does not get hot on the outside, so you won’t need to worry about extra caution when touching its surface.
Simple initial set-up
- The assembly for this model is relatively easy and will not consume much time or energy.
To work or not to work
- It is somewhat of a toss-up with whether or not you will receive a working unit.
- Many of these smokers seem to arrive damaged, or break after a couple of uses.
- Many customers have complained about having to exchange their smokers.
Long preheating time
- This smoker takes a long time initially to reach your desired temperature.
- Allow a couple of hours for it to warm up before you put food in to cook.
- The lower racks in the Jim Beam Bradley Smoker cook faster than upper racks so that some monitoring will be required.
- You may even have to rotate food on the racks so that they get an equal amount of heat.
12. Bradley Smoker 4-Rack Digital Outdoor Smoker
Set and Leave
- It is automatic wood chips feeder to the internal chamber.
- Just sit and relax after you had setup the desired temperature and time.
- This product is primarily stainless steel.
- It has a pretty decent outward appearance.
- Easy to clean.
- This product has a program setting for certain level of smoke.
- It will modify the rate in which the wood chips burn to accommodate to your setting.
- Can smoke cheese or butter to melt using this Electric Smoker in low temperature.
Exacting with temperature
- Meat should be warmed a bot before smoking (boiled, steamed or microwaved).
- The internal temperature will drop down quick when you put frozen stuff.
- Can’t open the door while cooking; it will mess up the setting for temperature.
- This product is controllable up to 320 oF but you can only turn it up to 125 oF at the beginning of smoking.
- It will take a little while to heat up before it is ready to use.
- Have to keep an eye the unsteadiness of temperature when cooking large amount of food.
Amount of smoke inconsistently
- You cannot load it up more wood chips like other smokers to get a burst of smoke.
Difficult to use in cold environments
- Temperature can struggle in cold weather and high cold wind.
13. Masterbuilt 20070203 Electric Smoker review
- The temperature of this unit cannot struggle even in cold weather.
- The temperature doesn’t change after setting up the program.
- It is very durable and long lasting to be able to withstand long-term use.
- This kind of Masterbuilt smoker has replaceable parts.
- The individual components are replaceable.
Timer controlled temperature
- The heat in the smoker automatically shuts off when the timer reaches zero.
- It will not begin to warm up until the timer is set up. This means you have to set a certain amount of time for the unit even to preheat.
No cold smoking
- This Masterbuilt does not produce any smoke under 185 degrees Fahrenheit which means cold smoking is not an option.
- You have to purchase a separate attachment if you want lower heat smoke.
- This model dos not include any wheels or handles which makes it tough to move. You will need to choose its location with that in mind.
14. Southern Country Smokers 2 in 1 Electric Water Smoker
Side access door
- While this smoker does not have an automatic chip feeder, it does have an access door on its side, so you can put wood chips into the internal chamber without losing very much heat.
Steam and smoke
- This smoker teams water while simultaneously smoking chips which is allows a deeper penetration of flavor into food.
- The wooden handles are heat resistant, so this unit is relatively easy to move. The lod also has a wooden handle which will make it simpler to manipulate during cooking.
- With this smoker, you are able to convert your unit into a charcoal grill. However, a separate purchase is necessary to do so.
Only two racks
- This smoker will not hold a large amount of food.
- You can only check the food on the bottom rack if you remove the top rack first.
- Consumers have reported problems with this model achieving a high enough temperature to cook things over a long period.
- It is not recommended to use this unit for long; full-day smokers.
- There have also been several complaints of these smokers arriving damaged or dented right out of the package.
- The metal is very thin which the main problem.
- This smoker will only last about a year.
However, smoking food is hard work that takes time and a lot of effort. You must continually monitor your smoker to make sure that its internal temperature stays consistent throughout the cooking process. Smoked meat tastes incredible, but there’s got to be an easier way to get that smoky flavor, right?
Yes, there is a way! Presenting: The Best Electric Smoker. Contrary to conventional smokers, an electric smoker plugs into a power source and controls its temperature by responding to the setting that you choose. This means that now when you want that tasty smoked brisket, instead of simply set your electric smoker to your desired setting and walk away. Imagine not having free time to do other things while your meat is smoking! Imagine not having to carve out fifteen hours of you day to get that smoky dinner. This is the future of smoking.
Considering the extensive research in getting the best list of top rated electric smoker in the market, we, therefore, believe that this post will help you find the best electric smoker reviews for your own need. Now that you have a list of the good and bad of the best-selling smokers, it’s time to make a decision on what to get! Good luck in your smoking endeavors, and may your food always be flavorful.